If the move involves the whole family, all we require is one notification. Persons who are not married must complete one form each.
- Present yourself in person at the counter of the Residents’ Register Office, bringing with you the acknowledgement of receipt of documents or ID card, passport or driving licence
- Register the change of address using the online form (a free service)
- What to bring with you: tenancy agreement or residence certificate
- Sub-tenants: confirmation of place of residence, so that we can identify your apartment precisely.
The charge for issuing a reminder to register a change of address is CHF 23.00 per reminder.
In addition, you should inform, in a timely manner, the following authorities of your change of address:
• The military district command of the canton of residence: your military service record book can be submitted within 14 days to the district command of the canton of residence
• Civil Defence authority: Civil Defence record within 8 days
• Driver and vehicle licensing office: driving licence within 14 days
Changes of address should also be notified to power utility companies, the postal service, your health insurer, your bank, your insurers, your employer, etc.
Postal address: Amt für Migration, Fruttstrasse 15, 6002 Luzern
Please fill out all mandatory (*) fields.