Under "Wichtige Adressen" (important addresses) on the website luzern60plus you can find relevant Information for the 60-plus generation. There are a variety of tips and addresses that can be helpful when you have specific questions. In particular, you can find addresses related to topics such as:
- Basic services such as the social counseling of Pro Senectute and the church parishes or FABIA, the Department for Counseling and Integration of Foreign Nationals.
- Health issues such as the various medical emergency services, Spitex home nursing care, or support services.
- Housing, the addresses of the municipal and private retirement and nursing homes as well as housing cooperatives.
- Household/ Nutrition obtaining household help, meal services, group lunches, and transportation such as the Shopping Taxi.
- Education/Learning/ Exercise, for example, the music school or Seniors’ University (Seniorenuniversität).
- Aid services/ Transportation/ Companionship
- Emergency phone numbers such as the police and fire departments as well as the „Dargebotene Hand (outstretched hand)” if you need to talk over a difficult life situation with a supportive listener.
Age-related limitations, health problems, or simply the current family situation can cause older persons or their relatives to require short- or long-term assistance with everyday needs.
You can find a wide range of options under the section "wichtige Angebote" on the website www.luzern60plus.ch. Be sure to check whether they are free of charge or if a fee will be required.
- The Pro Senectute meal service (Mahlzeitendienst) for the canton of Luzern supports preventive health care in particular for older people. One of their goals is to ensure that senior citizens can stay in their own homes as long as possible. The meals are delivered to the person’s home.
- Assistance with everyday tasks and moving - Pro Senectute provides support for a wide variety of everyday matters, from minor administrative guidance to transportation and escorts, for example, to doctors’ appointments, simple household and garden chores, etc.
- Relief services for caregiving relatives - The Lucerne Section of the Swiss Red Cross (schweizerisches Rotes Kreuz, SRK) provides relief for persons who nurse and/or care for relatives in the city of Lucerne.
- Spitex – provides assistance and nursing care in your home if you have health problems or are convalescing, for example, from a serious illness or an accident. You need a doctor’s order to ensure that the health insurance will pay for the Spitex services.
If you would like to become involved in the city on behalf of the 60-plus generation, you can also become an active member of Forum Luzern60plus. The Forum communicates senior-related standpoints on invitation from city officials or public-service departments, but also actively voices concerns and ideas that aim to improve conditions for the 60-plus generation and make Luzern an attractive city for older people. If you would like to obtain more information on Forum60plus or are interested in joining, you can contact the President, Christina von Passavant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of ongoing projects in the city of Luzern that involve volunteer work by the 60-plus generation. Older persons who enjoy becoming involved with both their own as well as younger generations are always in demand for a variety of events and projects.
Thus, Beat Bühlmann, director of the Project on Aging, and Bettina Hübscher, head of the Department for Age-Related Issues, are almost always looking for older people who enjoy working with children and would like to participate in the reading-mentor and across-country projects.
If you would like to become involved in volunteer work, you can also contact Benevol, the specialized placement agency for volunteer work in the canton of Luzern.
You can find fascinating articles as well as the latest media tips on virtually all subject areas that are of interest to the 60plus generation on the website luzern60plus. Journalists who are themselves members of Generation 60plus are continually researching, writing, and providing information about events, offers, and interesting publications in a newsletter.
You can subscribe to the club newsletter on the website luzern60plus.ch under the heading "Aktuell", email@example.com. You will receive four personal recommendations for cultural events from club members with each issue. Of course, you can become a member yourself and profit from the numerous cultural options as well as getting to know other members of the Forum Luzern60plus.
Church bulletins and publications such as the Seniorenpost in Littau also provide tips on events, leisure activities, and further options for older residents.